Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yeasted Zucchini Pie with Herbed Pepita Cream Cheese Filling

Today was my first day back to work in 15 months! There has been quite a bit of household tension when the topic of "sharing the household responsibilities" is brought up. This morning I got up early and made the crust for this lovely dish. It says to let it rise for an hour; mine was given about 11! I have always been big on planning our meals for the week in advance, and I know this trait is going to make dinner/life much easier as I get deeper into my new job. It is extremely important to me that we continue to thoroughly enjoy vegan meals with new and interesting recipes.

Here is the recipe that I followed. The author is not only a fantastic vegan cook; her photographs are equally as appealing as her recipes!

I used regular tofu, not smoked and soy sauce instead of miso. For the crust, I used spelt flour and my herbs consisted of the following: dried basil, oregano, and tarragon.

The flavor was fantastic but the filling never firmed up like I expected it to. Next time, a bit more chickpea flour. Also, it may have had something to do with my lack of pie pan (it broke in our latest move :-( ) I think the square casserole dish did the job just fine though!

1 comment:

Mihl said...

The pie looks really great! I am sorry about the filling though.