Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Vegan Pancakes with Carmel Pecan Sauce


Bad blogger, I know. I really have been cooking lately, but many repeat recipes. We have also been eating out a lot because of ridiculously busy schedules. This morning, I had such a craving for pancakes. I wanted pancakes that taste like the real thing, not that the barley and whole wheat pancakes are not nutritiously delicious. It just wasn't what I had in mind today. If found the recipe at Recipe Zaar and was interested because they are called "5 Minute Vegan Pancakes." Ours took a bit longer because we were out of Almond Milk. I used King Arthur All Purpose Unbleached Flour. Instead of vegetable oil, I used Safflower. They were delicious! And to top it off, I made a pecan caramel sauce. I started with 2 tablespoon Earth Balance butter in a sauce pan to melt. I added a handful (maybe a 1/4 cup) of slightly broken pecans and cooked until the butter was brown and the pecans were toasted. I added 1/4 cup of sucanat, 1/2 cup Silk Soy Creamer, and a tablespoon arrowroot powder to thicken it a bit.

No comments: