Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Vegan Birthday!

I never posted a picture of the German Chocolate cake John bought me from Sweet Life for my birthday! Here it is, it was heavenly!


Because John's birthday falls on election day, we decided to have an Election Day/Birthday gathering. Our apartment is very small, so we had to keep the guest list limited. Lots of fabulous people showed up and I think everyone eventually found someplace to sit. I could kick myself for not taking a picture of the snack table. It was a really nice spread! For snacks, I made spinach dip and poured it into a bread bowl. The dip was tasty, although next time I will use fresh spinach instead of the frozen kind. I don't think it will effect the taste but I think it will make the color less green (and scary to some people!) I was finally able to break out my fondue pot for a "Miso Fondue" or so I called it. We dipped pretzels, rice crackers, and veggies. We also had chips and salsa to munch on. For dessert, I made awesome vegan cupcakes. John and I are getting married in March and have decided to serve cupcakes instead of a traditional cake. I have been making cupcakes for a few weeks now so we can select the flavors we would like made. We are settled on the Strawberry Mousse (pictured here with raspberries on top) but the other kind, Cookies and Cream, were just for fun.

No comments: