Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Seitan Chorizo Crumbles and Mexican Cole Slaw

We had dinner with a couple; he works with John and she is a spunky housewife like me. She was a vegetarian for 6 years but now eats meat and dairy. I really love these two because they have a ton of food allergies making them the only other couple I know with as many food restrictions as me!

We decided on tacos for dinner. I made roasted potatoes and Seitan Chorizo Crumbles. I have had this recipe bookmarked for a long time but finally got around to making it this week! I cooked the crumbles until they were browned, on the verge of burning. I don't like soggy seitan!

I also made Mexican Cole Slaw but wasn't crazy about this recipe. It was very sweet; I would have preferred a bit more spice. I added corn and used red pepper, instead of green.

They made a fantastic zucchini, red pepper, and tomato mixture (that reminds me, I really need to get the recipe from her!) We also had black beans, sprouts, green onions, tomatoes, and guacamole.

No comments: