Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Rigatoni with Red Pepper, Almonds, and Bread Crumbs



Happy New Year....finally! I don't think I am going to even try to catch up! I really have cooked a lot lately but haven't taken many pictures so I will wait to make it all again before I post recipes! Tonight though, I tried a recipe that my friend/co-worker Debbie gave me. I roasted three small red bell peppers for the 1 cup the recipe called for. Instead of buying croutons and crushing them, I made my own breadcrumbs. I have been saving my "heals" of bread for a while in the freezer and they worked really nicely! I just laid them on a cookie sheet and baked at 225 for about a half hour. Then I dumped them into the food processor with a little sesame Parmesan cheese and they were ready to go. 3/4 cup of oil really seems like a lot, but it needed it! I also substituted toasted hazelnuts for the almonds because I had run out.

No comments: