Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Asparagus Quiche with Tomatoes and Tarragon


Not only was this meal so delicious but it looked really cute! It did take a few hours to put together but was worth the time because we had a lot of leftovers that heated up really nicely the next day. I have been on an asparagus kick lately but have just been cooking it in a little olive oil, stovetop. The asparagus is pureed in this recipe. The baked tomatoes on top added a perfect additional flavor.

I am not sure I would call it a quiche in front of people that are non-vegan. It did not taste like, have the texture of, or resemble a traditional quiche. In my experience, if you use a non-vegan name for something that has been "veganized", people expect it to be like the traditional dish.


On the side, we had a simple Caesar salad. The highlight was home-made croutons. I found the recipe here. I used Ezekiel Bread and left the onion powder out because I didn't have any. The dressing was from an earlier post.

No comments: