Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

S'mores



We recently went on a camping adventure to Mt. St. Helen's. So far, as a vegan, I have not found anything I could not veganize or find an acceptable substitute for. Knowing we were going to have a campfire, I decided to challenge myself with the task of making vegan S'mores! It was pretty simple once I found the marshmallows. Many people don't realize what ingredients are actually in real marshmallows but let me assure you, they are not vegan!!! Food Fight, a completely vegan grocery store, had Dandies Vegan Marshmallows available. They are small, not the miniature version but smaller than a regular sized marshmallow. Health Valley makes an Oat Bran Graham Cracker that is also smaller than an average graham cracker so it went perfectly with the size of the marshmallow. We added a bit of mint chocolate to the fire toasted marshmallow and had an insanely good camp treat!

No comments: