Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Granola


My best girlfriend Susan gave this recipe to me a few years ago. I pulled it out to make because I was looking for a good granola cereal at Capella a few days ago and they were all ridiculously expensive. I remembered that I could just make it for a lot cheaper!
I bought Just Fruit Munchies made by a company called Just Tomatoes. They have lots of dried fruit and veggie options. A bit pricey but not compared to the store bought granola cereal!
Mix all ingredients except fruit. (I didn't read ahead and added my fruit before baking...it got a little hard. I will remember next time!)Place on a large cookie sheet on wax paper (I used foil). Bake for at least 45 minutes. I set the oven at 300. Then mix in fruit.
5 cups rolled oats
1 cup nuts
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup safflower oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup dried fruit

No comments: