Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blueberry Coconut Granola and Coconut Milk


My latest obsession is Coconut Milk. I have been drinking it after yoga class, adding it to my granola, and making hot chocolate with it. I also have used it in baking and as a substitute anytime something calls for milk.

My girl Miriam is going through a detox, and I have signed on partially. We both decided that granola would be a good option for breakfast. I used my traditional recipe but loved a substitution she made. Since her detox includes no sugar and oil, she substituted the maple syrup and oil for applesauce! Her batch was definitely less sweet and flavorful but developed a nice, crisp, healthy tasting granola.

I added dried blueberries, pecans, and coconut to mine. I also substituted Agave Syrup for Maple and added a sprinkle of cinnamon.