Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ziti with Tuscan Porcini Mushroom Sauce and Rosemary Bread


I am getting ready for our dinner party tomorrow night (I love having people over for dinner and calling it a "dinner party!") and am making the Cannelloni's that I mentioned in my crepe posting. To go along with the Cannelloni's, I thought a loaf of Rosemary bread would be nice and remembered making this bread in the past. It turned out OK last time, but I thought maybe I could make it again, and do it even better this time! This recipe is an attempt to imitate Romano's Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread. I have only eaten at a Macaroni Grill one time but did like their bread. I was extremely happy with how it came out this time. I used King Arthur's Unbleached Bread Flour, turbinado sugar, and Earth Balance Butter. I followed all other directions, including making 2 round loaves of bread. For the dinner party though, I am going to make rolls in the shape of knots.

To go along with my "test" bread, I followed a recipe from Cooking Light called Ziti with Tuscan Porcini Mushroom Sauce. I made all the typical substitutions to veganize it including veggie broth instead of chicken and Sesame Parm instead of Parmesan cheese.

On the side,
Lemon-Balsalmic Butter Kale
. I leave out the raisins and use Earth Balance Butter.

No comments: