Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Carrot Cake


I took this recipe from the cookbook How it all Vegan. I will use sugar next time, not sucanat. It definitely changed the flavor. I enjoyed the cake but will search for a different topping next time. I am happy that I kept it on the side verses spreading it on the cake. It has stored better in the fridge and allowed me to skip it all together! John really enjoys the topping on his cake though.
Country Carrot Cake
1 1/2 cup flour (I used spelt)
3/4 cup dry sweetener (I used sucanat)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3/4-cup soy milk (I used almond milk)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4-cup oil
egg replacer (to equal 1 egg)
1/2-cup carrot, finely shredded
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
Heat oven 350. Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix until "just mixed" but don't over mix. Pour into a greased cake pan and bake for 25 minutes.
To-Fruity Cream Cheese
1-cup soft silken tofu
1/4-cup cashew pieces
4 tsp sweetener (I used agave)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2-cup fruit (I used strawberries)
Mix in a blender.

No comments: