Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Quinoa and Potato Croquettes and Kale with Lemon-Balsamic Butter


Both recipes are from a Cooking Light magazine. Before becoming a vegan, I made the croquettes with cheese and egg. We really like the recipe, although I do remember it taking a long time to prepare. I was very nervous to make them without the ingredients that I assumed had made them so tasty the first time. The croquettes were a bit of a challenge to make vegan because they call for both cheddar and cottage cheese along with an egg. I substituted the cheddar for 3 tablespoons of the Creamy Mozzarella cheese that I made for a pizza a few days ago (the recipe made a ton!). Instead of cottage cheese, I made Tofu Ricotta. And for the egg, Orgran No Egg egg replacer. They turned out so delicious and neither John nor myself could remember them being any better with the cheese and egg.
The kale is time consuming to clean and de-stem, but well worth it. We generally make an entire pound and have never had left-overs! I leave the raisins out.

No comments: