Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pumpkin Lentil Lasagna


Sorry the picture is blurry. I have been using my camera from work to take photos lately but forgot it at school this weekend. John's camera won't even turn on and mine just takes lousy pictures. The recipe page shows a much prettier picture of the meal.
I made quite a few changes to suit our tastes. First, I left the olives out. Secondly, instead of feta on top, we added a homemade ricotta. Next time I might add the ricotta as a layer instead of just plopped on top because it tasted excellent. I didn't put greens on top but that was just because we were really hungry and ready to eat! The lentils I used are Black Beluga Lentils. I found the beans pre-cooked at Trader Joes. For the noodles, I found DeBoles Organic Artichoke Flour Pasta. It had a great consistency, not mushy, and tasted...well, like what you would want pasta to taste like! We added steamed broccoli to the side and fresh Ciabatta Bread.
My lasagna turned out a little on the "soupy" side. I will cook it down a while longer before adding it to the layers of noodles next time. The taste was delicious and there are tons of left overs!

Tofu Ricotta (from theVegan Homestyle Cookbook.
2 lb. firm water packed tofu, mashed. (I used silken)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 T. onion powder
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 T. basil
2 t. garlic powder
2 t. salt
Mash tofu. Add remaining ingredients, mix, chill.

No comments: