Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fettuccine with Basil-Pea Cream and Fresh Tomato and Basil Salad



John and I made fettuccine last night. It was the first time using my "new" pasta roller. John surprised me by ordering it on ebay after the last pasta roller I bought had to be returned. I was less than thrilled to see that it was powder blue and from the 1940's and, well, just old! But, it did roll out pretty fettuccine.



I followed this recipe for the pasta. I have made pasta from this recipe many times and it has always been a success.



The sauce is from Vegan Italiano. I am not a huge fan of peas but John loves them and this really did make a lovely sauce for the fresh fettuccine.



On the side, a Fresh Tomato and Basil Salad also from Vegan Italiano. I made a much smaller batch than the recipe suggested which consisted of 2 tomatoes sliced, 1 small garlic clove diced, 6 basil leaves chopped, salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp olive oil all mixed together.

No comments: