Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Vegan Brunch Takes Over My Kitchen!!!


I decided today would be the first day to have a "Brunch Event" as Isa says it should be in the cookbook Vegan Brunch.

In reality, I prepared enough food for guests, which would typically be included in an event. But, as it turned out, it was just John and I! Someday we will live somewhere with friends and have brunch blowouts!

The menu included the following:

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (from Vegan Brunch)


I made the batter the night before to save time this morning. They were very sticky and I think it has to do with the over processing of the gluten?! Maybe. Anyway, next time I will make them the morning of to get a less gummy-like muffin.

Red Flannel Hash (from Vegan Brunch)


Potatoes, beets, onion, salt, and pepper. Sauteed, then baked. Amazing!

Scrambled Tofu (from Vegan Dad blog)



A great recipe for scrambled tofu that will stand alone. It doesn't need veggies or anything else to make it taste terrific. Just wholesome, delicious tofu!

Fresh Fruit (from the Market down the street)

No comments: