Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Asparagus Quiche with Tomatoes and Tarragon


Most of the time, I make a recipe, love it or hate it, and never make it again! John has mentioned to me in the past that I should look back and re-make things that we really enjoyed. This quiche would fall into that category. It does take a few hours to put together but it is not time spent constantly focused, instead quite a bit of cooking and cooling time. If time is an issue though, a prepared pie crust and bread crumbs would help.



For the pie crust, I followed a recipe from Vegan Brunch. I was not crazy about it though. It was crumbly and "dusty" tasting. I will, in the future, follow the originally posted crust recipe. As for the bread crumbs, I made a batch of crackers and processed them to crumbs. They add such a fresh flavor.

No comments: