Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rocky Road Cookies


A picture of this cookie is on the cover and numerous pages in the cookbook Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, so I figured they must be good! Also, when I asked John to pick a cookie he wanted me to bake first, he said, "The one on the cover." I was worried I had done something wrong because it mentions in the recipe how wet the dough will be but I did not think mine was much different from any other cookie dough I have made. They turned out really delicious, very sweet, and the almonds add an excellent crunch. I pressed a few extra almonds on top before baking the cookies. They are very soft, rich and have a brownie-like flavor/texture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney, I am John´s colleague. I just tried these cookies. Fantastic. I am looking forward to the recipe.:-) marta