Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tahini Lime Cookies



The recipe is from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. I was really happy that John asked for these because I don't think I would have picked them myself. The flavor of Tahiti is not one I associate with delicious, moist cookies. But this is exactly what it produced! They are a very sophisticated cookie and the black sesame seeds give them the daring first impression they deserve.

Here is a link to a recipe posted by another blogger. I did NOT follow her substitutions and the first unqualified them as vegan. She replaced 1/4 cup of the sugar with honey. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup sugar, no honey! She also added a portion of whole wheat flour (that could be good...)and left out 2 Tbsp cornstarch. The other addition that is not in the original recipe is baking soda. Otherwise, the recipe is accurate.

I got this lime zester from Sur La Table in Portland, OR. I really like it! It captures the zest as it is taken from the fruit.

No comments: