Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baked Lemon Rosemary Tofu



My camera is still not taking clear pictures..grrr...but dinner tonight was delicious! We had Lemon Rosemary Tofu. Putting the complete meal together took a little over an hour but finding a tasty way of using the fresh rosemary I had in the fridge made it worth the time! Next time, I will add a little less rosemary and a little more lemon to balance the flavors. Brown rice was a nice addition to the meal but I have to say, the highlight was the Brussels sprouts! To shorten bake time, I chopped off the hard end and cut them into fourths. In a baking dish, I poured a thin layer of olive oil and splashed some balsamic vinegar on top. Next came lots of salt and pepper, some sliced red onion and finally the sprouts, spread out in a single layer. After baking for about 30 minutes, the outsides were crispy, the balsamic vinegar had completely absorbed and the flavor was soooo good! We definitely wished we had more. All in all, it was a great combination of flavors!

No comments: