Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

Rosemary and Hazelnut Encrusted Seitan



I found this recipe a few months ago but didn't make it for fear that it was going to take too much time. It is marinated, then breaded and fried. Then there is a gravy to add and it just seemed a bit overwhelming. I am happy I finally made it though because it was delicious. I was a tad turned off in the beginning of the meal because John made the comment that the seitan tasted like chicken livers. (deep breath). I rolled my eyes and moved past the comment, focusing on the rich, red wine flavored gravy, the smooth, rosemary infused breading, and the chewy texture of the seitan. Next time I make this, I will add mashed potatoes to soak up more of the gravy. On the side, we added steamed broccoli with a dollop of Earth Balance Buttery Spread.

No comments: