Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tofu and Vegetable Hash


Officially my second favorite vegan breakfast of all time! First being French Toast. We toasted a few Ezekiel English Muffins on the side and fell in love! I found the recipe in Vegan Bites but made many changes. I began by making Scrambled Tofu. Normally, I add turmeric to make the tofu yellow like eggs, but this time left it out and added a few splashes of Tamari, a teaspoon of red curry paste, and a teaspoon of dried dill. In a larger frying pan, I browned 3 red potatoes, diced, in olive oil. Once the potatoes looked like they had a crispy outside I added the following: 2 small white onions, a green pepper, a dozen mushrooms, all diced, fresh spinach leaves, 1/3 cup frozen peas, 4 garlic cloves, a sprinkle of parsley, 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast, 3 Tofurky Breakfast Links, salt and pepper. After cooking all of this down for about 10 minutes, I added the scrambled tofu and stirred it together.

No comments: