Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lasagna Casserole


Based on random ingredients hanging out in my fridge and cupboards, this recipe came together really quickly. I started with garlic and half a diced onion sauteeing in olive oil. I added a package of Smart Ground burger crumbles. Next, a jar of Rising Moon Organics Garlic and Chantrelle Mushroom Pasta Sauce and a handful of freshly chopped cilantro. I let this simmer while I boiled the pasta. It was the mini lasagna style. Natural Value makes an organic version. When the pasta was finished boiling, I started with a layer of the pasta sauce, then a layer of the pasta, and finally a layer of Tofutti Soy Mozzarella Flavored Slices broken up into thirds. It took about 3 slices to make a complete layer. I repeated this and ended with a layer of the sauce. I then sprinkled a mixture of Panko Whole Wheat bread crumbs mixed with a bit of vegan butter, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and dried basil. After it was all put together, I let it sit for a while, waiting for John to come home from work. When we were ready to eat, I baked it for about 30 minutes on 350, long enough for the cheese to melt into a nice and gooey layer.

No comments: