Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hot Sauce Glazed Tempeh


So much for eating less soy! John put his foot down this week exclaiming, "But I love tofu!" It is very difficult to argue with him considering how supportive he is of my vegan cooking. It isn't like he is asking for hamburger!!! I still plan to "limit" our consumption, but for now, it is on the menu to stay!

So, I followed this recipe from the Veganomicon cookbook and it was perfect. Spicy and tangy. I was never a fan of tempeh until I was introduced to the "steam out the bitterness" technique. Now, I enjoy it almost as much as tofu.

On the side, Cornmeal Roasted Cauliflower (The original recipe includes garam masala and other Indian spices. For this batch, I substituted basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes) and Salt and Vinegar Potatoes (I am obsessed with these!)

I was a little sad while preparing this post as I noticed nothing green on the plate!!! But, the left-over tempeh was absolutely delicious the next day heated and served on a bed of mixed greens.

No comments: