Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Best Cream Cheese Ever

My friend Debbie gave me this recipe. I don't remember the name of the cookbook or author. I will update the post when I figure that out...credit where credit is due!
This is the recipe that I followed exactly. Mine was a huge disaster in the beginning. It was extremely bitter with the lemon flavor. I had to triple the rest of the ingredients minus the lemon juice to balance it out and make it edible. I am not sure why because Debbie's turned out fantastic recipe "as is." Next time, I will only use 1/4 cup of lemon juice and taste. Anyway, because of the tripling of all ingredients, I have a ridiculous amount of this stuff! I am going to have to get creative finding ways to use it.

1 1/4 cups pine nuts
1 1/4 cups raw sunflower seeds
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I will only use 1/4 cup to start out next time)
3/4 tsp. whole black peppercorns
3 cloves garlic
1 3/4 tsp. sea salt

Put it all into a blender and blend until very smooth. Add a very small amount of water to make smoother, only if necessary.

No comments: