Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Tofurky Feast




Normally I am not excited about eating food frozen and boxed but John came home a few weeks ago with a vegan Tofurky meal. I stuck it in the freezer and thought about saving it for Thanksgiving, forgot about it and then came across it this weekend. I have to say, it was really yummie! I think I had that feeling people get for that one meal per year of turkey and all the fixin’s! Anyway, it took all day to thaw but came together very quickly during the cooking process. It also made for a nice lunch the next day.

I added potatoes, carrots, and onion to the roast in a foil packet. A quick mixture of soy sauce, oil, and thyme was poured over the combo and baked. The gravy was a matter of dumping the contents into a sauce pan and heating up. The round things are potato dumplings. They were may favorite part: a little apple, cranberry and mashed potato in a dumpling-like shell. They just needed a quick boil and then sautee.

No comments: