Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Zucchini Scramble Breakfast Burrito



I started to follow this recipe for a Zucchini Scramble but strayed quite a bit when it came to seasonings and the veggies...so it really isn't this recipe at all...the recipe provided more of an inspiration!

Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Add 1/2 an onion, chopped and 3 garlic cloves, minced (I love garlic!!!)
I added 1/2 a red pepper, a large handful of ripped spinach, and 1/2 a zucchini chopped. For seasonings, I used salt and pepper. To this I added Scrambled Tofu (I love this recipe and my "secret" to getting John addicted is adding a few sprinkles of Turmeric...it turns the tofu yellow and looks exactly like scrambled eggs!!!!)
We had two tortillas in the house, one Healthy Hemp Tortilla and one Brown Rice Tortilla. On the tortilla I spread a few tablespoons of refried beans mixed with taco seasoning and a few tablespoons of the Best Cream Cheese Ever (the last of the same batch I made forever ago!) The tortillas baked for a few minutes and then were topped with the Zucchini Scramble. It was all topped with a mixture of a mashed avocado and lemon juice. Much better than my first attempt at breakfast burritos! And such a nutritionally complete and filling meal!
On the side are garlic fries. The same recipe I made and posted a few weeks ago. They were just as appetizing as last time!

No comments: