Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Scrambled Tofu and Garlic Fries



John has this crazy idea in his head that I start projects and never finish them. So when I told him I was getting a little behind on my blog, he gave me the "not surprised" look. Whatever! I haven't been posting daily but I have been keeping track of a few things I made that were awesome....and I am also planning to host my first vegan brunch!!!!!! Due to limited space, 4 people will be the max number of invites but seriously, that is a great number to cook for. More to come on that later.

This was my second attempt at Scrambled Tofu. Huge success! John (an egg-lover!) said it was just as good as eggs. I went for a spicy, mexican type theme. To the scrambled tofu I added turmeric, garlic, 1/3 cup nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. For the veggies: zucchini, onion, red pepper, spinach, and avocado slices on top. And finally, the secret ingerdient: Soyrizo. It is a meatless soy chorizo. I do not ever recall eating chorizo in my life so I don't have anything to compare it to...but John was pleased with the new flavor it added to breakfast.

On the side, Food for Life: 7 Sprouted Grains bread (after the photo I added Earth Spread and blueberry jam!) and my version of Garlic Hashbrowns.
4 red potatoes
a splash of olive oil
seasoning salt
garlic powder
2 tablespoons diced onion
salt and pepper
I cut the potatoes as thinly as my patience would allow! Coated them in the olive oil and seasonings in a baking dish and baked for about 45 minutes at 350. I will be making these again!

No comments: