Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Seitan and Mushroom Stroganoff




After my last two postings, one frozen and one ordered, I was ready to make something myself for dinner! When I got home John already had the mushrooms washed and sliced which saved a nice chunk of time. I have wanted to try this recipe for a while and finally had all the ingredients. It is fun for me to mimic traditional meat centered recipes and wonder how close they really taste! John was very excited about the gravy. It was creamy and peppery and very rich ( I think from the tahini). It came together quickly and we decided on steamed broccoli as a side dish. And the best part.....leftovers!!!
I followed the recipe pretty dilegently. Instead of "garlic granulse" I used garlic powder. For the seitan strips, I used White Wave Seitan Chicken Style Meat. The pasta is Garden Time Organic Fancy Ribbons.

No comments: