Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

BBQ Tofu and Avocado Lentils


I had a nightmare of a day today involving my car, leaving my purse at work, therefore, getting home late and not feeling like making dinner! But, we are on a new budget and eating out is currently being limited! So, it was simple baked tofu, frozen then thawed, sliced, pressed for 30 minutes. It fit perfectly into a 9x13 baking pan and I brushed it with olive oil. I baked it for about 25 minutes and flipped it somewhere in the middle. Then, poured barbecue sauce on top and baked for about 20 minutes longer. I love the texture of tofu that has been frozen, much chewier. One the side, as John called them, "The star of the meal," half an avocado, with a few splashes of lime juice, black beluga lentils, and salt and pepper. The best flavor in the world! I added a bit of steamed broccoli and the meal was complete!

No comments: