Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Vegan Burgers



I have found two brands of "burgers" that I love!!! The Sunshine Burger has a firm, meat-like texture. It is flavored with lots of veggies, seeds, and spices. The tofu veggie burger is from Trader Joe's and seriously tastes like scrambled eggs!!! I know, that doesn't sound very tasty on a bun with ketchup...But it really is! It has a softer, chewy texture and the flavor is earthy.



I paired the Sunshine Burger with lettuce and Westbrae Natural vegetarian ketchup on an Ezekiel Sesame Bun (my absolute favorite bread company, usually found in the frozen foods section). On the side is a combination of quinoa, carrots, red pepper, and red onion.


The Tofu burger is just bun and ketchup. One the side is steamed broccoli with Earth Balance Butter (my absolute favorite vegan butter!!!) The noodles are something new John bought from Capella. I have not had great successes with vegan mac & cheese. This was just okay. It called for milk and butter, I added a little extra than what the box suggested to make it creamier. Again, just okay.

No comments: