Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

Cream Cheese Brownies


After resisting brownies at a meeting last week, I was craving them, and I also had some Tofuti Cream Cheese that needed to be used. So, I concocted a recipe for vegan cream cheese brownies that turned out so yummie! I combined 1 cup Sucanat with 1/2 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread. Separately, I prepared the equivalent of 2 eggs (Orgran No Egg), 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons Safflower oil. I combined the sugar/butter mixture with the chocolate mixture, added 1/2 cup Spelt flour and mixed it all together. I pour a little over half into a greased 8x8 pan. For the cream cheese mixture, I mixed 6 oz. cream cheese, 5 tbsp. Earth Balance Buttery Spread, 1/3 c. Sucanat, the equivalent of 2 eggs, 2 tbsp. spelt flour, and 3/4 tsp. vanilla. I poured this mixture on top of the brownie batter, then added the remaining brownie batter and, with a kitchen knife, swirled it all together. It baked at 350 for about 25 minutes. The picture is blurry and only of half the pan because we had already cut into them!!

No comments: