Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More Vegan Pizza!


We absolutely love the vegan cheese from Pizza Research Institute but our version never turns out quite the same. John called them to see if they would give up the secret....They said he would have to marry one of them first. I said I would keep trying to master it...and I think I have! Whew! This was a very hodge podge pizza but turned out very rich and hearty. I bought the crust from Capella and added a few tablespoons of fresh rosemary. The sauce was a recipe I veganized from allrecipes.com. Minus the anchovy paste, substituting homemade sesame Parmesan cheese and agave made it one of my favorite sauces to date! The toppings include Tofurky Italian Sausage, broccoli, mushrooms, red onions, all pre-sautéed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The cheese is Tofu Ricotta put through a blender and pureed.

No comments: