Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Vegan MoFo: E is for Empanadas


Wow, I can't believe how far behind on my goal I have slipped. But, I have nutritious and delicious plans for the week to catch me up...starting with Black Bean and Banana Empanadas.

Here is the crust recipe that I used. It was easy to prepare and sat in the fridge while I made the filling.


For the filling, I followed this recipe. I didn't have ground coriander so I ground a sprinkle of fennel seeds instead. I know it is a completely different flavor, but it worked. Also, I really wanted to use my new and super cute mortar and pestle. I found it in Hamburg. I also added half a cup of thawed spinach which we really enjoyed.

And, a little avocado salad on the side consisting of chopped avocado, tomato, salt, and a splash of lemon juice.


I have wanted one of these since my trip to Thailand where we used it to make curry paste. :-)

No comments: