Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Vegan MoFo: G is for Gas Station Pies

I have always loved the idea of this recipe! It is a vegan (and actually good!) version of Hostess Fruit Pies. 

 

 The recipe is in the cookbook The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes. It calls for apples but I chose to used mixed berries instead. The crust was so delicate and buttery, but not at all greasy. I did not have a brush to apply the glazing so I ended up using the back of a spoon. Not as smooth and pretty, but these pies were eaten so quickly, no one noticed! Heaven.



2 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

I've never heard of this kind of pie but it looks delicious.

Brandi said...

I've eaten those types of pies before when I was younger. I wouldn't have ever even thought of trying to make a vegan version.