Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Vegan MoFo: F is for Fattoush


Fattoush is to the Lebanese what Panzanella is to the Italians.


Plus, it was an excuse to make homemade pita bread! Here is the recipe I followed. Very easy, less expensive, and such a fresh flavor. I thought I couldn't top homemade flour tortillas, but these pitas have now stepped into the number one spot of "make it yourself" fantasticness.

I found the salad recipe in Vegan Planet. The dressing is a simple combo of garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt and cayenne.

For the veggies: zucchini (recipe calls for cucumber but I am highly allergic), tomatoes, yellow pepper, red onion, lettuce.

And the extras: chickpeas, fresh parsley and mint, and kalamata olives.





I chopped up 2 of the pitas for the salad and we ate 4 plain! I think I will make hummus this week for the 2 leftover.

No comments: