Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Vegan MoFo: H is for Hash

John and I like the show Weeds and this season Nancy has been making hash although a much different variety than the Spicy Sweet Potato Hash I made for breakfast today! I also made Pan Seared Breakfast Mushrooms.


Both recipes are from Vegan Planet. For the hash, besides the sweet potatoes there is onion, red pepper, burger crumbles (seasoned with chili powder and crushed garlic), cayenne, and salt and pepper. Very simple but both sweet and spicy.

The mushrooms are pan fried with a tablespoon of each, olive oil, soy sauce and agave. I was very unsure of them while they were cooking. The recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of sweetener. One is plenty for my taste. Although I won't make them again, they were a nice compliment to the hash.

No comments: