Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Broccoli Quiche


Another Vegan Brunch winner! Here is the recipe straight from the author's website! I am not a fan of cherry tomatoes (I am completely grossed out when I bite into one and it sort of explodes in my mouth. Ew.) I love the flavor of sliced, roasted tomatoes so that is what my quiche is topped with.

Also, I mentioned in an earlier post that I had tried the Basic Pastry Crust recipe from Vegan Brunch and it turned out pretty terrible. I decided to give it another go. The recipe calls for 1 1/4 cup butter and I feel like that is way too much and what ultimately ruined the first attempt. So, this time I added only 1/2 cup and it turned out PERFECT!!! I am not sure if it is a typo, or my butter is different, or I am insane, but as long as the crust is wonderful, I don't care!

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
dash salt
5 TBSP water

Mix, roll, and press into a pie pan.

No comments: