Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Apulian-Style Bruschetta with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil


Last night for dinner we had Roasted Beet Risotto. It is rare that I repeat recipes but both John and I really enjoyed it last time and I had a ton of beets. We ate it with green beans and this Bruschetta from the Vegan Italiano cookbook. It is a really long name but a very simple, basic style with a fantastic flavor. Using a loaf of Italian Bread, like ciabatta, slice it in half horizontally. Bake it for about 15 minutes and remove from the oven. Cut a garlic clove in half and rub it over the baked bread. I added a thick layer of crumbled Sheese Mozzerella to the top of mine and baked it for a few more minutes while the sheese "melted" or in my case, browned.

The topping is a pint of tomatoes, 1/2 cup basil leaves chopped, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. I added a diced garlic clove to mine for the extra flavor. This sits for about 10 minutes and is then placed on the bread. It says that the bread can then sit out for up to an hour. Ours did not last that long!!!

No comments: