Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Three Scrambles in Three Days

I decided to try three of the scrambles in Vegan Brunch this weekend. Because it is a long, holiday weekend, we had time for a new scramble on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

First up, Saturday's scramble was the Basic Scrambled Tempeh. I steamed the tempeh first, removing the bitter taste from it. I have discovered steaming first is the only way that I enjoy eating tempeh. I substituted the Swiss chard for spinach. On the side, peanut butter toast.


On the menu for Sunday was the Pesto Scrambled Tofu with Grape Tomatoes. Tofu sauteed with onion and tomatoes, then covered in pesto! This is John's favorite scramble to date. On the side, Chevapcici, which is a very enjoyable soy based sausage substitute.

And finally, Monday's attempt was the Puttanesca Scramble. I had to practice saying Puttanesca a few times before it stopped sounding like Poo-tanesca because John said that made it sound very unappealing. This was my favorite of the three. It went well with fresh ciabatta bread.

No comments: