Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Tomato-Basil Lasagna Spirals


A fun twist to a traditional lasagna flavor. I had 6 lasagna noodles leftover from last time I made it and followed a recipe from Vegan Planet. The recipe called for 12 noodles but because it is just John and I, 6 was plenty and everything else halved nicely. I was also able to put a portion of the enormous batch of tomato sauce I made this week to use!

The noodles are pre-boiled for about 10 minutes. The stuffing is tofu based with shallots, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, vegan pesto, bread crumbs, salt, and cayenne.

I found tiny asparagus at the grocery store today and pan fried it in olive oil, salt and pepper. I can't even put into words how delicious and fresh it tasted. And to top it off, a fresh loaf of ciabatta.

No comments: