Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My version of Yumm Bowls


John and I used to order Original Yumm Bowls from Cafe Yumm at least weekly. We have moved, and granted, we are only a few blocks further west; I thought it might be nice to try to make them at home. The Yumm Sauce is vegan, delicious, and available for purchase. I did not have it on hand last night though, so I used Annie's Goddess Dressing. Close, but not exactly the same. But seriously, I have not felt like cooking lately, with my kitchen being a disaster of boxes and pots and pans all over the floor. Not to mention it has a total of 4, yes FOUR, single cabinets. Oops, this is Courtney's Vegan Journal, not Courtney's Venting Journal!

This meal was nutritious, super fast, and sent John back for seconds. Boil 2 cups of water, add one cup of brown rice. Fully cook. Add one can of rinsed black beans, stir in 1/2 cup Annie's Goddess Dressing and heat. Remove from heat. Top with salsa and avocados. I did not have it on hand, but next time will use fresh cilantro to sprinkle on top. (As posted earlier, a goal for the summer is to have a fresh herb garden. To update the status, I have lots of cute pots, a really cute plant stand found while yard-saling, a few packets of seeds...but no herbs yet :-)

No comments: