Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pasta with Pistachio Pesto



This recipe came from the latest addition of the Cooking Light Magazine. It was supposed to have a spiral pasta called Fusilli, but because I did not have this pasta, or feel like searching for it, quinoa macaroni worked out perfectly! I used basil from my herb garden, roma tomatoes instead of grape, and sesame Parmesan for the cheese. It came together very quickly and had time to sit in the fridge to chill before dinner. On the side, I heated a tablespoon of Earth Balance Buttery Spread and 3 garlic cloves and spread the mix over Polenta bread from the Eugene City Bakery. This baked at 375 for about 10 minutes. Also, a tossed salad consisting of romaine lettuce, diced red pepper and green onion, slices of hearts of palm, and Annie's Goddess Dressing. John said it was one of my best meal combinations ever!

No comments: