Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Aloo Gobi


One of the most challenging parts of being vegan is traveling. I worry constantly that I won't be able to find something to eat. I have been spoiled in Eugene, where almost every restaurant has at least something vegan, if not everything vegan! But that is definitely not the case everywhere. While traveling around Oregon with John's parents, I asked a waitress what could be prepared without dairy or meat. Her reply was a Salmon Caesar Salad....interesting. So I have learned a few "almost always guaranteed to have something I can eat" options. Thai restaurants generally can make things vegan by leaving out the fish sauce in many of their dishes. And, my personal favorite, Indian food! I order Aloo Gobi almost every time, so when I found this recipe I had to try it. John is not a huge fan of Aloo Gobi from a restaurant but said, "This really has the flavor I want." I also enjoyed it!

No comments: