Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Breaded Zucchini, Baked Tofu, and Mashed Potatoes



In need of a quick meal, Trader Joe'sHigh Protein Organic Super Firm Tofu is the best I have found for baking. I marinated it in a mixture of smashed garlic, tamari, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, and some splashes of lime juice and olive oil. It sat in the fridge for about 45 minutes and then baked at 350. I should have taken it out at the 35-40 minute range but got busy and it stayed in a tad too long, making it tougher and crispier than anticipated. Awesome flavor though! On the side is basic mashed potatoes with Earth balance butter and Almond milk for creaminess. I would have made a cashew gravy but ran out of time. And the highlight, breaded zucchini. I substituted the egg for Orgran No-Egg, the all-purpose flour for spelt, and the parmesan cheese for sesame parmesan. I could live forever without french fries if I had these!