Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Breakfast Scramble and Herb Scones


I make many tofu scrambles, too many to add to the blog! But the one I made today was so deliciously blog worthy! I started by heating olive oil and adding 4 diced garlic cloves and a diced piece of ginger (I estimate it was about 2 inches in length). Next, in went a chopped onion, about a dozen chopped baby 'bello mushrooms, half a carrot (I washed it and then used the veggie peeler directly over the pan, to get very thin strips of carrot). Separately, I made scrambled tofu and sautéed some Tofurky Italian Sausage. When they were ready, I added them to the veggies. When we were about 10 minutes from eating, I added a few ripped leaves of spinach and a drizzle of Braggs Liquid Amino Acids and left it on a warm stove setting. On the side are Herb Scones. I did not have self-rising flour but found that you can add 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt to regular flour and it serves the same purpose (I used Spelt). The measurements in the recipe needed some conversions; so here is my interpretation for a few: 1 1/8 cup flour, 1/4 cup Earth Balance Butter, approximately 1/2 cup Almond Milk. They did not rise as much as I thought they would but the flavor reminded me of smoked cheese! I will make these again because of how easy and satisfying they are.

No comments: