Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Breakfast Scramble


I haven't posted a scramble in a long time and this one was very eclectic in flavor. I had leftover spring roll sauce from last night so I pressed tofu and marinated it in the sauce.

The rest of the scramble is a combo of the following sauteed in olive oil: a leek, a 1 inch piece of ginger diced, mushrooms, 2 carrots, and green beans. When this was cooked down appropriately, I added the tofu (mashed up a bit) along with the remaining marinade and a few black olives sliced in half. John picked out these olives for a recipe that I will be making in the near future. They are amazing (if you love olives) and seasoned with Herbs de Provence.



On the side, I sliced an avocado and it was a perfect addition because of its neutral flavor alongside the sweet and sour flavor of the tofu. John did not care for the olives in the scramble. Too salty, he said.

No comments: