Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Spinach and Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms


After an excellent turnout of the stuffed bell peppers last night, I decided to try stuffed mushrooms today.

I googled many recipes but didn't find one that really stood out to me so I made this one up, combining bits and pieces of things I liked from the other recipes.

Here is a list of the ingredients I used:

14 baby bello mushrooms, stems removed and diced

1 chopped leek
1 Tbsp vegan butter
3 crushed garlic cloves
2 diced Shallots
1 bunch of spinach
1/4 cup white wine
Salt and pepper

1/4 cup crumbled Cheshire style Sheese
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

1. Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. Dice and save for the filling.

2. Melt the butter in a pan, add leeks and cook until soft. Add garlic and shallots, diced mushroom stems and spinach, wine, salt and pepper. Cook until everything is soft and the liquid is all gone. Slightly cool.

3. Add to a food processor the Cheshire sheese, nutritional yeast, walnuts, and the mushroom mixture. Blend until only slightly chunky.

4. Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. I was chatting on the phone with my mom and overcooked mine a bit! Be careful! They dry out if cooked too long

Here is the Sheese I used.

No comments: