Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Pumpkin Gnocchi with Garlic Cream Sauce



We had a co-worker of John's over for dinner. I love dinner parties!!! John requested I make Gnocchi again. We decided that a flavored Gnocchi would be fun so I picked pumpkin. I found this recipe that looked very easy and followed it exactly. Unfortunately, the Gnocchi came out very hard, no matter how long we boiled them. I am not sure if pumpkin Gnocchi are simply not as soft as potato Gnocchi or if I somehow messed up the recipe/ingredients. Needless to say, I won't make this particular recipe again and this was not the star attraction of the meal!

The garlic cream sauce was really good. I put a bit too much raw garlic on the Gnocchi so the cream sauce was overpowered. But by itself, it was great. I have made it before, it is extremely simple.



For sides, I made roasted Brussels Sprouts, Maple and Pomegranate Glazed Beets, and Seared Artichoke Hearts. I have previously made all of these recipes so I felt great about them turning out. John thought the Brussels were a bit too "vinegar-y" meaning I added to much balsamic vinegar. Everything else came together! I left the pomegranate seeds off the beets. The artichoke hearts were from a can, sliced in half and marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper for a few hours. They are then cooked in a non-stick pan until seared then flipped and seared on the other side.

No comments: