Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Cauliflower Leek Pie with Chickpea Crust and Green Beans


A huge hit! I got the recipe from the Comfort Food Vegan blog. The directions are very simple but I did google "how to blanch a cauliflower" just to make sure there were no surprise techniques to improve the outcome. I used the boiling water to then blanch a batch of green beans! I marinated the green beans post-blanch in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and let them sit in the fridge until dinner time.



My favorite part of the Cauliflower Leek pie is the crust. It was crumbly and buttery and nutty. Here is the crust, the tofu and Parmesan substitute that I used.




I baked the pie for about 35 minutes at 350. The top is sprinkled with salted pumpkin seeds and more Parm. substitute.

No comments: