Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Seitan Piccata with Olives and Green Beans


It is ridiculous how delicious this meal was. I feel like I have run out of adjectives to describe really good food but if I had a great new word, I would use it for this meal!

The only thing I did that isn't described in the recipe is to dice up the capers. I was really nervous that I wouldn't like them, so I figured smaller would be better. They complimented the sauce so perfectly that I had nothing to worry about.

Here is the seitan I used. The grocery store down the street finally started to carry it!

1 comment:

lynn said...

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I will tonight. There is a super easy recipe for Seitan in the "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Cooking". It tells you how to flavor this home made Wheat Meat in Beef or Chicken flavor.